Monday, November 8, 2010

How I Met Your Papa 102

Hi Fifi,

The year was 2004.

After I went back to the States, I became angau. Tidur tak lena; mandi tak basah; makan tak kenyang. Ok tipu je. Tidur lena; mandi of course basah; makan kalau tak kenyang, something must be wrong with me, medically.

Your papa was going on a Euro Trip that February. I was like okay, pegi lah. In the US, we have a 1-2 weeks break right around that time. Spring break kot? When all the mat/minah salehs pegi bergumbira di tempat panas2. I was not planning to go anywhere. But out of the blue, I said "Nak ikut", jokingly. It started from a joke, terus jadi bener-beneran. I bought a ticket to CDG Airport, Paris and met papa there. Mommy hebat kan? But deep down, I was a bit scared because travelling alone to a country where English is not their first language. 

Accommodation was settled by papa. It was a crappy, cheap hotel. Haha. More like a hostel. Their single rooms didn't come with a bathroom. Kena pi mandi kat bilik air luar. Tapi the guys' room lawa pulak. Cet. But everything was ok and safe. May I remind you Fifi, when you grow up, please pre-check your hotel/hostel room first before you go on vacation/trips. Or better yet, don't stay in a hostel. Miahahaha

Off I went to Paris, alone. The flight was not that long. Around 4-5 hours.Ke 3? I don't remember.

*Sight-seeing *

@ Musee du Louvre (KOT)

Don't ask why the pic is the way it is :P

Then it was time to go back already. Papa continued his trip to Italy. I had to go to the airport alone. CDG airport wasn't that big. But it lacks of English signboards. So I followed gambar2 je la. Coincidently, there was a bombing incident in Madrid, Spain 1-2 days before. I believe it was in train station. As usual, the airport security was tighter than before :(. I was asked to queue up in this special line just before Immigration counter because I was wearing tudung. I was questioned.

  • Where are you going?
  • Where are you from?
  • Who did you meet here?
  • Where did you stay?
  • Where are they heading after Paris?
  • What are you doing in the US? 
T__________________T. Takut. Bag pon kena check.

I was cleared in the end and managed to catch my flight back to New York. I hope when you grow up, these things are history. I hope those extremist will come to term that we share a world. Just make the best out of everything. We must respect each other's beliefs and religions. But kita still berpegang pada agama kita lah. Jangan campur-campur, tukar-tukar pulak. Paham tak Nak?

So that was my second date with papa.

Finish

P.S. Dah last, baru ada pengajaran.


2 comments:

Ana said...

best plak baca kisah cintan cintun u..cool...nak lagi...nak lagi...hahaha (ni entry utk fifi ke sape ni..) :P

Lin Ghazale said...

haha. nnti bile mood sampai..bole la tulis lagi